See you this Sunday! Join the community for a celebration of harvest time, apple pressing, storytelling, planting and the wonderful amazing Barrowband.
Calling all volunteers! Your community space needs your help!
We are planning on running regular volunteering sessions again, starting in the next couple of weeks. Many hands make light work and we couldn’t have got the land to the place it is now without the help of our fantastic volunteers.
If you are interested in volunteering in our community garden, helping with events or doing odd jobs around the meadow and woodland then please get in touch with us by email – email@example.com
Let us know what your availability is and any particular interests or skills that you have.
Alternatively, pop along to the community garden on Wednesday afternoon from 1pm – 3.30pm and catch up with us for a chat about how you can be involved.
Come and join us this Friday for maintenance jobs and gardening on the land. Everyone is welcome and you can drop in for a short time or stay all day. 11-3pm. firstname.lastname@example.org
WE ARE RECRUITING!
Sadly, Jayson is leaving us and moving on to a full time permanent position in Fife. We’d like to send on our best wishes Jayson and his family who have played a part in meadow and wood life over the past few years.We’d like to say thank you Jayson’s hard work over the past few months in this job role. He has implemented some positive changes to the land which make the meadow and wood look even more amazing and he has encouraged more people within the community to get involved.
We are now recruiting for someone to take over Jayson’s part time position. The job role will last until March 2017, with the possibility of extending. Please submit CV’s to email@example.com no later than 20th July.
Schools & Community Engagement Officer (10 HR PT @ £21k equivalent FT)
• delivery of the Children’s Wood Sustainable Futures Program outcomes and targets
• maintain a personal implementation plan and record against owned target metrics
• facilitate community use of greenspace
• application and development of suitable resources
• support in breaking barriers to outdoor participation and tackling inequality
• seek collaborative projects to support Children’s Wood charitable goals
• facilitate improvements to maintenance, reporting and planning of activities
• maintain the relevant web pages with respect to events and activities
• support further fundraising and proposal preparation to sustain operations into the future
• report to line manager and trustees on activities
• attend monthly meetings with line manager, and if requested, monthly committee meetings
• record activities against timesheets and manage a small operations budget
• perform any reasonable tasks as requested by their line manager in line with charitable goals
• ensure compliance to charity’s constitution, child protection policy and legal obligations
• act in a manner reflecting The Children’s Wood values as determined by trustees
• enthusiasm for working with children and community members in outdoor setting
• ability for flexible and autonomous working against high level outcomes
• willingness to work outdoors in a urban woodland environment in all weathers
• knowledge of the curriculum for excellence and/or experience of community engagement
• experience in urban woodland and meadow maintenance and use
• experience engaging with a diverse section of society
• first aid, teaching or outdoor learning qualifications
• be fully disclosed for working with children (CRB checked, can be facilitated by charity)